1 cup cashew unsweetened vanilla
1/2 scoop chocolate plant based protein
1/3 or 1/2 avocado
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
Add in 1 teaspoon of organic cacoa for more chocolate richness if needed.
The combination of chocolate and avocado sounds unappealing but it actually is a match made in heaven. There’s something about the richness of the avocado and the strength of the chocolate flavour that when combined it just becomes this rich beautiful flavour and texture.
Not only does it taste good but avocado is my favorite fruit for many reasons;
It’s the highest in protein and monounsaturated fat, the best fat for your heart and cardiovascular system.
It contains most of your daily value vitamins;
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 20% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
- Potassium: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
- It also contains small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
The combination of avocado and protein powder pre-workout gives you all the amino acids needed to prevent muscle breakdown while training, which is why it’s my go to pre workout shake!
Let’s also mention that pure cocoa has so many benefits including a wide range of phyto nutrients that are filled with antioxidants anti inflammatory properties which is also great for vascular health.
And lastly some fun facts about avocado;
- It’s considered a sex fruit because it’s so good for your heart it pumps blood to other areas:)- it’s an aphrodisiac just like oysters.
- I love it for hangover mornings because it’s the highest in potassium out of all the fruits double the amount of a banana.
- Once the top seed falls off it’s ripe.
- If it’s not ripe enough put it in a paper bag with a banana and apple and it will ripen up fast.